Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Review
When I put my eyes on this robot in the flesh, my first reaction was the WOW from packing to the actual product inside.
The design is almost equal to brands that cost a few hundred dollars more.
It has an elegant, minimalist but fully functional design that is not common to a Chinese brand.
However, Xiaomi is not just your trademark, it is a global brand that plans to dominate the affiliated world.
This brand is a step up from the ILIFE vacuum robot series due to improved navigation and battery performance.
Xiaomi Vacuum also comes with an application that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices called MI Home App.
This app lets you schedule, start or stop, recharge, and even watch robot progress as it cleans your home even when you’re not there.
MI Vacuum Cleaner uses laser-guided sensors (they call this laser distance sensor or LDS) underneath the upper round shell above.
As for the accessories contained in the box, this is not accompanied by extra filters or side brushes.
It has no remote (you need to download the application – more on it later), the only add-ons that gives you is a cleaning brush and the very nice mac-like charging station.
First of all, let’s look at the features:
* It uses 12 different sensors to record an effective cleaning pattern, avoid falling stairs and remember the areas it has cleaned
• The main sensor is the laser distance sensor (or LDS) scanning the 360 degree position (1,800 times per second) to form a virtual map in the memory of your home
* The help for creating this virtual map is the Simultaneous Detection and Mapping algorithm (or SLAM)
• Uses three processors to store this virtual map and then calculates the most efficient possible route
• It has a lithium ion battery of 5,200 mAH, which will last for 2.5 hours with a single charge
• Vacuum feed is a powerful and efficient Nidec DC motor that produces a suction power of 1,800Pa
• 10mm edge cleansing – the robot will be left without a 10mm wall and will use the side brush to clean the edges
• It does not come remotely but you can use the MI Home App that you can use to program, clean and track your progress remotely by using a WiFi signal
• 1-year repair warranty, 45-day money back guarantee and 3-day DOA (Dead on Arrival) warranty. Click this article for more details
• A few hundred dollars cheaper than Neato BotVac that uses the same SLAM algorithm and WiFi-enabled application
• Long-lasting battery life of 5,200 mAH
• The WiFi application allows you to control and track remotely
• You can program to clean more than once a day
• Uses effective cleaning pattern
• Has HEPA filtration
• It does not come with anything extra like an extra side brush or filter
• Feels a little bit about corner cleaning
• There is no English manual (so far only in Chinese)
• The application needs more improvement (plus better instructions)
You Can Buy It from Here
Also, Make a better deal using these coupons
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.